Aug 29, 2011

Mixtape Monday: TGIF

It's back! Mixtape Monday's have returned to get you out of your beginning of the week slump. With a new host (sound cloud) you'll be able to listen to the mix tapes as they were intended, mixed in one consecutive track as if I were actually dj'ing them live!


This first week's mix tape is simply titled, 'TGIF' for the love of Friday's. I had so much fun dj'ing the G33KPRON launch party, partially because I got to play some of my favourite weekend tracks. This is a typical set from my Edge Friday night's over at Velvet Underground where I got to play a mix of new rock, alternative, retro & punk. This is one of the new rock/alt. sets meant to get the dance floor to start moving. These songs almost always never failed me (especially the Crystal Castles & Robert Smith track!) on a Friday night so maybe they will be able to have the same effect but on a Monday morning? Let's hope!


 TGIF by djmistyrocknroll 


You can also check the mix out by going to: www.soundcloud.com/djmistyrocknroll/tgif


TRACKLIST:
1. The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
2. Peaches - Boys Wanna Be Her
3. Crystal Castles ft. Robert Smith - Not In Love
4. Neon Trees - 1983
5. The Killers - Human
6. Peter Bjorn & John - Young Folks
7. Phoenix - Lasso

No comments: