Aug 16, 2011

Loyalty Is A Lost Art


Overnight at the shelter makes for sleepy looking eyes. I'm wide awake but you wouldn't have thought it if you saw me before I left for work tonight. I was curled up with my little dog and after a day of walking around the Annex, we were both beat. The shelter's been emotional the past couple of days, I think it has something to do with the full moon we had two nights ago. Whenever the moon is full, emotions seem to run high in the shelter but I think that happens anywhere. I've been finding myself doing more counselling than usual the past couple of days but hey, that's what I'm here for. I'm glad I can lend an ear.


Here I am enjoying my pre-work dog snuggles, I would never trade these for anything in the world.

I wonder if it's because the astrological sign is in Leo right now, but a topic that keeps coming up in both life and conversation lately is loyalty or rather, disloyalty. That seems to be the underlying cause of a lot of the heartache I've been hearing about from the women here in the shelter and in my own life as well. Extracting family and/or friends from your life because they prove to be disloyal time and time again is never easy, although almost always necessary. But as I tell the women who reside here, the hurt does go away especially when you don't allow someone to continue to be fair-weather. I wish it could be easier, of course but such is life.

No comments: