Oct 18, 2010

The Morning Benders - Excuses

 Fantastic! I adore The Morning Benders and anyone who knows me knows how much I love Phil Spector. He's the guy who shoegazers of today worship...his distinct Wall of Sound production style can be heard in tons of classics; The Ronettes' hit, 'Be My Baby' for example. 

I sure got a kick out of watching The Morning Benders version of a Wall of Sound for their last album and I remember how rad it was seeing them live where the singer tried to recreate that sound in the basement of The Drake Hotel. We were divided into three sections with three unique harmonies and the whole sold out audience made for a beautiful choir once our voices were merged together. 



I can't listen to it and not sing along...it's my current in the shower hit single.

No comments: