Oct 4, 2011

Goin' To The Chapel


You may have noticed there was no Mixtape Monday this week, and I apologize for that but I come with a brilliant excuse: my bff got married. Kind of a big deal. I can truly say the whole day was absolutely dreamy from start to finish. Alana is one of the most wonderful people I have ever been so fortunate to meet, and her new hubby Spencer is not surprisingly an equal match to her fabulous self. I went through several tissues, a few eye makeup smudges and a lot of huge smiles and laughs. Could a wedding be any more perfect? Nope.


I also got to try out a new toy: Djay Remote for iPhone! That way I was able to control the music without having to full on DJ. There was no way Alana and Spencer could have gotten anyone else to DJ, I would have probably spent the event growling across the room but at the same time, we all wanted me to be able to enjoy the wedding and not work! This is why I will begrudgingly admit that I have become a full on Apple fan boy. Between the DJ program on the Mac and the remote for the iPhone, it was a perfect way to mix the tunes without missing the fun.  


The tastiest cupcakes I have ever eaten. Why? These were clearly made with love.

Of course I just wouldn't be me without some cheesy mirror self shots. I have been watching a lot of Mad Men lately. *sigh*

Look what I "caught".

Before the night was over (and to make sure the tears would flow once more) Alana gave me something very, very special turning my knees to jelly and my heart to mush. It wasn't necessarily to say that I should get married, but that she wanted to pass the torch so I could be as lucky in love which I am. :o)



Finally, nothing says good love like a trip to the grocery store after the wedding. Hey, we had a car and looked good (and the store was 24 hours) so why the heck not?!

So like I said, a perfect wedding. Not just because the bride looked gorgeous or because the groom looked like a prince or because the venue was purely magical but because the day was so full of love I thought the seams of the restaurant would burst. It may sound cheesy to say but I don't care. It was there and it was infectious. Everyone felt it and as a result everyone was so warm and open to one another. But then again, as a buddy (good ol' Kai Boysen) put it, "Everyone here loves Alana, why would they be a dick?". Exactly.


No comments: