May 1, 2011

The Big Retirement




I know I've cried wolf before but this time I'm serious, I'm retiring from dj'ing. Not because I don't love it (I do!), but because I just got an awesome "big kid" job and want to give it 110%. Now, that doesn't mean I won't dj, it just means that instead of paying the bills dj'ing 2-4 times a week I'm going to do it for fun once or twice a month. Going forward, you can bank on a good MESS AROUND the second Saturday of the month at Cloak & Dagger and a new summer party at 751 but that's all that's currently up my sleeve. Whew. I'm going to miss the heck out of my residencies at Velvet Underground (though I'll surely be back eventually!) and Disgraceland.

But as my pal Brittney who makes up half of the deadly DJ duo, Bangs&Blush says, "It's not a retirement, it's a break."

That means you'd best come out to Disgraceland (965 Bloor St. W.) tonight for the final edition of Rock n' Soul Sundays where I preach the gospels of the 50's, 60's, 70's and beyond. It's my official retirement/break party and I'm coming armed with a stack of vinyl in addition to my big book of cd's so we can hear all of our favorites.

I'll also keep updating my blog; mixtapes, killer songs, DJ stories, playlists, events and more.

Here's to the dawning of a new era...see you tonight!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: